Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Miscellaneous: What's in a name?

Apple?
If the stars do it why can’t I? Because I don’t have enough money to provide police protection for the bullies my kids would meet in school if I named them Fifi or Audio. People nowadays can’t spell the common names, ones that have been around for years, much less the unusual ones. If I said, for example, that my name was Amy, I would most likely get, “How do you spell that?” Amy, Ami, Aimy, Aimee, Aymee,... In general, people are looking for more unusual names for their children. Magnify that by 100 and you’ve got Hollywood.

Okay, I have absolutely no right to make fun of these famous people and the names they give their children (read “I’m jealous of their money”), and the topic has made the rounds on the net enough times. So, in fun, see if you can name the parents and the gender of the following monikers.

Apple
Audio Science
Banjo
Bluebell Madonna
Camera
Coco
Daisy Boo (Daisy is alright, but Daisy Boo?)
Denim
Diezel
Diva Thin Muffin Pigeen
Dweezil
Fifi Trixibelle
Freedom
Heavenly Hirrani Tiger Lily (Heavenly alone is more common, but Tiger Lily?)
Maddox
Moxie CrimeFighter
Pax
Peaches (not a nickname!)
Pixie
Poppy Honey (I’ve heard Poppy – maybe it’s the combination)
Pilot Inspektor
Reignbeau
Rumer Glenn
Scout Larue
Tallulah Belle (Not so bad, but is the best of the three hint)
Tu

While some have been publicized, others have slipped under the radar. How many did you guess? Well, good for you! Either you spend a lot of time at Celebrity Baby Blog or you are wildly searching the internet because you don’t believe anyone named their child one of the above. There were more names, but my blog entry would have been too long. Add one in the comments if you think it’s worthy.

Answers in the next Miscellaneous post.

1 comment:

Andria said...

My favourites are Moxie Crimefighter and Fifi Trixibelle. Moxie is what you and I have and Crimefighter is what I wish I am in my dreams. Fifi Trixibelle is something you would mane your dog. Most people have dogs that they treat like babies but I guess if you are a celebrity, you can get a baby easier, right Brittney?