Thursday, January 31, 2008

Chocolate: NOT!

I don’t like white chocolate. I take issue with the casualness of the use of the word chocolate in the name, white chocolate. If the taste alone didn’t have me running away then the fact that white chocolate is NOT chocolate would. It does not contain the cocoa solids or chocolate liquor necessary to make it real chocolate. It is cocoa butter, sugar, and milk solids. It is the chocolate antithesis.

I realize there are people out there who like white chocolate and my comments about its taste are likely not welcome. I think it’s the perfect solution for those unfortunate souls who cannot or will not partake in the ambrosia that is chocolate. The same wonderful ingredients that make chocolate equal to happiness are not present in white chocolate. So there is no theobromine, no tryptophan, no phenethylamine, and no caffeine.

Granted, there are many recipes out there that have white chocolate and many say they taste divine, though I’ve never been daring enough to try them. I think my body would hold a revolt. I’m completely devoted to chocolate. The creamy texture, the taste, how it melts… Mmmm, where's my stash?

While I munch, I will make this is my unofficial petition to rename white chocolate to something more appropriate like…Vanillanin? Nonchocolate? Chocoless? White confection? Ivory? Pearline? Milk white? Ooo, I’m liking the milk white.

Chocoholics unite!

No comments: