Sunday, June 29, 2008

Chocolate: Oreos

Oreo Cookie
The first ingredient is sugar.
One serving contains 7 grams of fat...
and 160 calories.
A serving size is three.

Are you kidding me? Who eats just three?
The Oreo, my absolute favorite cookie to eat with milk (especially since I can't drink milk on its own.) Sometimes I'm a twist-n-lick. I twist the top off, take a few licks, and then stick them back together. Other times I twist and eat the one that didn't get the frosting first. Most of the time though, I just take a bite and take a good swig of milk. It's like a mouthful of Oreo shake.

When I was younger (after the whole Hydrox issue), I used to twist off several, eat all the non-frosted ones, and make my own double stufs. On rare occasions, I still do. Anybody analyzing the creme like I do would know that the "stuf" formula or consistency is NOT the same. I can't enjoy a double stuf. I've tried the "Uh-oh Oreo" better known as the Golden Chocolate Creme Oreo, the Golden Oreo, the Cakesters, Mini-Oreos, Milk Chocolate Oreo, 100 Calorie Pack, and Double Delights (all three). Nothing has stuck with me like the original. The Oreo cereal came close.

Yes, I do have a package right next to the computer. No, I didn't eat them all in one sitting...this time. I'm not that fond of the Snack 'n Seal packaging, but it's what's inside that counts, eh? How do you eat your Oreo?

No comments: