Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Chocolate: Withdrawal

There have been longing looks in the grocery store check out lines, a mysterious magnetic pull to the candy aisle of Sam's Club, and a general feeling of discontent as I'm cleaning the house. I'll be looking in the kitchen for something to eat, but the bag of chips, granola bars, and carrot sticks are not right. I feel a little empty - like something important is missing from my life. I crave chocolate.

I also know that the minute I cave in and buy chocolate that I'll be sabatoging myself. My two current chocolate cravings are Peanut M&Ms and Oreo Fudgies.

I usually buy the big bag of M&Ms. I'll grab handfuls while I'm reading or whatever and munch. I don't really pay attention to how many I eat. Then, when the crunchy part gets hard on my jaws (because I really do eat that many) I start putting them in my mouth one by one and sucking them down to the peanut before chewing. I love finding the perfectly round ones. Those don't have any peanuts in them.

Fudgies are new. In fact, I can't even find them listed in the products on the Oreo web site. They are dee-licious! I don't even get a glass of milk for these. They are long like Vienna fingers, but are the opposite - chocolate cookies with chocolate creme. The chocolate has a deeper chocolate taste than the regular cookie.

So go out an celebrate your chocolate craving. I'll have to live vicariously through you.

No comments: