Thursday, January 22, 2009

Books: J.D. Robb

I'm off on another race to read as much from a series as possible. I'm on the third in the "in Death" series by J.D. Robb (pseudonym for Nora Roberts.) It starts with Naked in Death and focuses on a homicide detective named Eve Dallas...in the year 2057. There are 35 books, two of which are coming this year.

This series, very simply, is great entertainment. I'm not overloaded with comprehensive character history because we learn about the characters more as the series moves on. There was just enough mystery for me to be guessing who the killer was until about 75% of the way through the book. There's just enough high tech jargon to remind me this was futuristic without overdoing it.

I can't wait to read them all!

BTW - If you intend to give her books a try DO NOT read the Wiki for the series...all of the killers (among other info) are listed.

No comments: