Monday, October 6, 2008

TV: Fringe

Fringe
Fringe. I was mildly interested when I heard previews for the show. Now I'm totally addicted. It centers around an FBI agent who gets pulled into these cases involving fringe science. (Where'd they really get that term?) Fringe science is levitation, telepathy, reanimation, ESP, etc. All the really fun stuff. :o)

All these weird cases have to do with something called The Pattern which is what the FBI agent (Olivia Dunham played by Anna Torv) is supposed to be figuring out. Every episode gives you tiny pieces to this seemingly 10,000 piece puzzle. She is aided by two others and her supervisor (the head of the fringe division.) I know this could be good because one of the creators is J.J. Abrams of Lost fame.

I watched the pilot and kept thinking, "This is like X-Files, but...not." Wiki's description says it's a cross between X-Files, Altered States, Twilight Zone, and Dark Angel. Since I'm not so into those other shows I can't say if the description is right. But I'm intrigued and thankful that Fox, who as I'm typing this, has just picked up 15 more episodes of the show. And I'm saying that if you like the sci fi, then give Fringe a try.

No comments: