Thursday, October 9, 2008

Books: Agatha Christie

I'm bummed I didn't think of her a couple of weeks ago. Agatha Christie was born on September 15. Her books were among my elite list of very favorites when I was a preteen. And Then There Were None, Death on the Nile, Murder on the Orient Express, Evil Under the Sun, The Body in the Library, and They Do It With Mirrors. Looking at a list of over 60 mystery novels, those are the ones I remember.

I haven't read an Agatha Christie in what seems like a million years. No, I'm not that old. Yeesh! I loved Hercule Poirot and Miss Marple enough to watch them on A&E whenever I could. David Suchet was outstanding, and Joan Hickson was phenomenal. Maybe next summer I'll pick one up. Because now I remember The Mirror Crack'd, Curtain, An Appointment With Death...

Thank you Agatha Christie.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm a big fan of the #1 Ladies Dectective Agency...easy to read, funny, reminiscent of Agatha Christie.

PurpleNepenthe said...

I checked out the review at Amazon and it piqued my interest. Thanks for the heads up :o) Now I have to find time to get to the library!