Thursday, May 1, 2008

Peeves

I don't like driving. I think there are too many people out there that either don't know that they are driving crazy or don't care. My driving peeves could be an entire book, and I've found I'm not the only one who thinks so. But lately I have found three things that have annoyed me to no end. Well, enough that I've thought about it more than once in the month of April.

1. Why do I have to pay for recycling when I buy glass or plastic packaged beverages and then pay again when I pay my recycling/garbage bill? Whose bright idea was that? Maybe I'm missing something. Maybe it's where I live (that there aren't any recycling places nearby that take my #2 plastic or my Sobe glass.) I don't know, but I don't like it, and I'm reminded of it once a week at minimum.

2. Channels that break into the best part of my show to say something bad is happening, but there are no details available. Because it's breaking news, they aren't as prepared and it takes longer to show the little "Breaking News" blip before and after the announcement than the announcement itself. I thought we were up enough on technology to use the little reader boards on the bottom of the screen.

3. This is more of an obsessive peeve than a real one. I can't stand it when people write mixing their capital letters in with lower case. You know it would look ridiculous typed - so it looks ridiculous written. And it drives me nuts.

Got peeves?
Oh, and Happy Mom's Day!

No comments: