Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Books: 102

Three summers ago, I maxed out my library card by checking out and reading 102 books. These books ranged in page number from 180 to 652. They were children's books (chapter ones, of course), thriller, mystery, romance, and science fiction. The authors were Catherine Coulter, Iris Johanson, Kay Hooper, Diana Wynne Jones, Jeffrey Deaver, J.K. Rowling, James Patterson, Kathy Reichs,...oh, I could go on, but I'm trying to make a point here. I haven't been able to read as many because of work obligations the last two summers and I'd like to do it again this year (because I think I'll have more time - don't laugh).

So you're like "What was the point of that?"

Well, I need some reading material. Unless my library (which I'm sure is rolling in even less dough than my state's bottom-of-the-priority-list school system) somehow received new books, I've read all the ones they have. I need some new reading material to scout for! New books! New authors!

Post (or if you know me IRL, email or call) and let me know who or what you think I should read. TIA

BTW If your local library has a summer reading program and you have kids, jump in!

No comments: