Tuesday, March 25, 2008

TV: Reaper

B and I watch this show on the CW called Reaper. Here is the IMDb quick summary
On his 21st birthday, Sam discovers his parents sold his soul to the devil before birth and he must now be a bounty hunter for the devil until he dies.

Three of the cast: Labine, Harrison, and PeregrymHonestly, it is a ridiculous little show, but I am entertained. So I watch.

The two characters who I think make the show right now are Ray Wise, who plays the devil, and Tyler Labine, who plays one of Sam's best pals. Wise is seriously creepy and extremely versatile, as I've learned from reading his "Filmography" and a little blurb about him at Television Without Pity. He does an awesome job playing evil and humor at the same time for this role.

Labine is nuts without being too stupid. (I can't stand Patrick on Spongebob.) I marvel at the amount of mousse they must put in the guy's hair for the role. You might remember him from Boston Legal or Invasion (neither of which I watched, btw.) Sam can get angry at Labine's character, which is realistic, and still like being friends with him. Other shows let the nutty character get away with everything which messes with my compulsiveness.

I would probably rate this show about a B- because it's not average, but it isn't as stellar as Buffy the Vampire Slayer or Heroes. And you don't have to watch it if you never have because I'd hate for you to feel like it was a wasted hour of your time, but if you like the same kinds of shows I like, then it might not be so bad to watch 10 minutes. Make sure it's the ten minutes with the devil.

No comments: