Friday, March 28, 2008

Books: Diary of a Wombat

Diary of a WombatDiary of a Wombat (link down further) is a cute and clever story of an egotistical little wombat and its daily adventures as it encounters its new neighors - humans. It is so incredibly delightful that I purchased it for myself, not A or M. The illustrations fit the words perfectly, and you can't help but fall in love with the little creature.

It was released about the same time as Diary of a Worm, which I found was not as endearing. You will find yourself wanting to share it with others who love books. I have read the story to friends or let them borrow my copy (it is better to let others read it on their own). A and M have dragged it from my bookshelf so often that I may need to buy another copy.

Amazon has the "search inside" feature, and I recommend you take a peek. It is among my top 5 favorite books ever.

No comments: