Sunday, November 1, 2009

Time

When did getting old happen?

Abraham Lincoln: And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Yes, that is true. Life your life to the fullest and get the most out of everyday. But what if what I really want is to not do much? Will I still feel like I've lived my life to the fullest? I want to believe that I should be just as pleased with my years if I do what I want than if I go skydiving or travel.

"Old age isn't so bad when you consider the alternative."
"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many."

That's also been a problem in my thoughts lately. If I think I'm getting older then so are my parents, my in-laws. Being old isn't so bad when you think of it that way.

Satchel Paige: How old would you be if you didn't know how old you were?

I think this is the way I should think about my age. Forget my BMI and the wii Fit giving me grief about my balance or muscle tone. If I didn't say my age, how old would I be?

No comments: