Sunday, October 4, 2009

Books: Avatar

We've been a little crazy here. Well, more crazy than usual. I finally got to sit and read a book (Salvation in Death) but since I've written about the In Death series before, I didn't really have anything for this post. Then A & M sat in front of the TV for a couple of hours and sounds of Avatar: The Last Airbender made their way to the back of the house. I love Avatar: TLA. The show reminded me that after we bought the entire season on DVD, (Yes, we did =) ) B also bought a short four book set called The Lost Scrolls.

I was excited about them for two reasons: One, A's costume this year is Katara. Getting good pictures of her costume was a must. Two, there is some information in there that I'm always forgetting like where airbenders learned to air bend or what are all the earth kingdom cities.
But I was somewhat disappointed because the books only focus on the first season. There's no Toph or Azula. I also thought there would have even more historical information, but instead there are just summaries of some of the episodes.

So if these books, one for each of the four nations (air, earth, water, and fire), are only for the first season, does that mean we'll have to shell out more $$$ to read the other seasons? And if so, do I really want to buy them? I guess we'll have to wait and see.

No comments: