Sunday, February 24, 2008

TV: Torchwood

B is a giant Dr. Who fan. I bet you know one, too. So it is no big surprise in our household to find that Torchwood, which has ties to the Doctor, is set on our DVR. Now this is not the best show ever, but it is so fun to watch and I'm a fan of TV sci fi, Star Trek, Babylon 5, and Firefly. If you like sci fi and you have access to BBC America you should tune in. Well, maybe...

I'm not a fan of the controversial. So although I have plenty of my own real life opinions about things, I will try to refrain from putting out big hot topics here. The reason I am posting about Torchwood, besides the TV category, is that I've been having a little issue with B. This will be the closest to controversial that you'll see me get.

One of the male characters is known to like going both ways. For the last few episodes we have seen him "snogging" with other male characters. No, no, not in the timid sense at all. B could be seen doing some major squirming. The preference of the characters makes no real difference to us and that's not what I want to emphasize here (so no hate mail.) This issue is that B has NO problem if two women are going at it. Can we say double standard?

No one said life was fair, but I object! To my delight, he likes the show and therefore has to see the other side of the coin. In the end, I am laughing hysterically seeing him so uncomfortable. Serves him right.

No real "Great show, watch" promotion here. Just laugh along with me as I watch B cringe.

No comments: