Sunday, April 24, 2011

TV: Reality TV Scarified

I'm gratefully home on a Monday (yes, I realize I'm posting a day late :( ) and thinking it might be nice to tune in to one of those daytime shows I miss while at work.

First, I hit nothing. I knew the names of almost none of them and flipped through the guide twice thinking I missed something.

Second, what I did find was none too appealing: Maury? "I'm Only 16...I'll Prove Your Boyfriend Is My Baby's Dad!", The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air reruns, or Fast Times at Ridgemont High...uh, no. Although I think I would have watched I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant if I'd seen it ;)

Third, I happened upon CMT. The show was 20 Greatest Redneck Moments. Don't laugh! They were talking about mullets, and I had to stop and listen. Of course I watched the whole thing - laughing my head off. What was scary, though, was the show after: My Big Redneck Intervention. Some kind of off-shoot from My Big Redneck Wedding...camouflage tuxes riding in on a tractor or horse manure skee-ball.

Reality TV is something else. Yet another reason to work my 40 hour week.

1 comment:

Oh to Be a Muse said...

LOL. this was hilarious. i can't believe that CMT show. TV is getting out of hand these days. when i am home from work i tend to watch stuff that I recorded and forgot to watch, whatever is on the movie channels or those judge shows--those crack me up.