Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Books: Kyndred

Looking for someone new to read, I've found another writer, romance writer, doing paranormal. The series is called Kyndred and it focuses on people who were genetically altered by using the genes of the Darkyn. I can see you frowning. Darkyn are what we uninformed would call vampires and are the basis for the writer's other series aptly named Darkyn. The writer is Sheila Kelly, better known as Lynn Viehl. She also writes another series as S.L. Viehl.

Because the Kyndred come from the Darkyn, there are cross over characters in her first book for the series, Shadowlight. In this book the two are unfamiliar with each other and it will be fun to see how the two discover each other. However, I found the connection between the hero and heroine in this novel, Shadowlight, very thin and I hope that doesn't turn me away from the next book, Dreamveil (which was actually released in May of last year, but not available at the library last summer.)

Realize now that it is April and I read this first book, plus the teaser for it's sequel, in August.

No comments: