Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Books: Accidentally Yours

Accidentally Yours by Susan Mallery was my 51st read from last summer. I'm excited that another summer is coming so I can find more books, but I don't think I'll try for the same goal. Anyway, the book was published in 2008 and right after it's release it got a review from a romance blogger. She despised it. She found the entire thing implausible and the characters unlikeable. It makes me sad.

The one thing that struck me the entire book was that even though the heroine was vulnerable, she was tough. Rarely do I read a romance where the female is strong. I'm always reading how she isn't good enough for the man or she had such a tragic past and he can't love her or how shy she is. She is never aggressive. The main character in this story is based on the fact that she doesn't need this man so she doesn't have to play helpless and needy for him. She does, however, play helpless when it comes to her son and his fatal disease. That I find understandable.

Okay, so it all boils down to that I enjoyed reading it, but be forwarned that it has an implausible set of situations, a horrible main character that resorts to blackmail to get money for her son and doesn't consider the morality of it, and a researcher that bypasses normal trials and FDA approval to give the heroine's son a cure. You'll be just as disappointed as that blogger.

No comments: