Friday, April 2, 2010

Books: Kindred in Death

Stop right there!

If you haven't read the 2009 release of one of J.D.Robb's In Death series of books, I don't want to spoil it for you - so read no farther!

However, if you have, I wanted to give a short review. Kindred in Death starts off with the murder of a 16 year old innocent and daughter of a good solid cop. I liked everything about the story - I always do - from the gruesome beginning to Eve Dallas (tough cop and closet softie) to e-devices. But this time I was actually looking forward to a slightly different ending. When she got the bad guy this time, she didn't rub it in his face enough. Of course she had a ton of evidence and the killer confessed, including that his father was in on it. But the kid didn't believe that his father was the one behind everything from the beginning. Eve had some proof and the opportunity to get more, and I had hoped she would shove it in the kid's face. She didn't. I was bummed.

But don't let that stop you from reading!

No comments: