Friday, May 22, 2009

Books: Big Book of Everything

If you don't already know, I have children. So of course I was a victim of Adult-watching-children's TV Syndrome. There were several years in which I was forced to watch television directed at 3 to 8 year olds. One such show was Stanley. I wish I could tell you when it comes on Disney or if it even airs anymore, but the kiddos are a little too old to watch.

Anyway the kid had a Big Book of Everything in which he collected photos and information about the animal kingdom. When the oldest was younger we made our own book. Paper bag covered binder, construction paper, colored paper, magazine and computer printed pictures. It was too cute and super informative. The kids learned so much by making this book themselves. They still pull the book down and read the pages.

I'm somewhat brain dead right now, but when I collect my wits I will post a picture of their book. Right now I'm just trying to catch up with my blog posts! Oh, and then I'll think about how we can turn this into some new summer projects :o)

1 comment:

jo said...

We used to watch that show too. I loved it! Cute idea to have the kids make their own big books. You're so creative that way.
jo