Sunday, March 13, 2011

Books: Jenna Starborn

Jenna Starborn is simply a futuristic Jane Eyre. I have to admit being afraid to read Jane Eyre. I was afraid the content would be too much for me. However, this version written by Sharon Shinn was very easy to read and Jenna didn't have as many of the horrors that Jane had to face. I enjoyed Shinn's portrayal of Jenna and look forward to seeking out more of her writing. There is a concise summary of Jane Eyre at Wikipedia, but I'm glad I didn't read it before reading Jenna Starborn. Also, here is another person's review of the story (another who has never read Jane Eyre :) )

2 comments:

Oh to Be a Muse said...

i actually never got into jane eyre, but two of my friends love it! they are the type who recite the words to each other as an inside joke.

PurpleNepenthe said...

I've only read about people who do that in books LOL!