Sunday, January 30, 2011

Chocolate: Torani

The kiddos got an interesting Christmas present this season - Torani to add to their cocoa.

They received three different chocolate cocoas, two different types of marshmallows, and personalizable mugs to go with them. They have been enjoying all the combinations so far, but I couldn't let them enjoy their gift without getting a piece ;)

I mixed up some cocoa and used their Torani Hazelnut syrup. Unfortunately, I used the water based cocoa (Hey! It's what we had!) It tasted empty especially with the hazelnut flavor. I would recommend using only milk based cocoa with the syrups. They also received raspberry which would taste pretty good (I imagine) with a cocoa from a dark chocolate powder.

I've always wanted to try the flavored creamers, but since they're made for coffees I figured they might not taste and nice as I'd like. A short trip through Torani's site and they have several recipes geared toward hot cocoa. If you haven't already, I think it deserves a look see.

No comments: