Saturday, January 15, 2011

Chocolate: Guylian Belgian Milk Chocolate No Sugar Added

I received a bar of Guylian Belgian Milk Chocolate No Sugar Added in my Christmas stocking. The plethora of sweets available for the holidays have me doing the review for this nearly a month later. There was no rush, however. This bar did not WOW me in any way.

Part of this isn't the bar's fault. I have been liking my semi-sweet dark bars and chips more than milk for awhile now. So I found the bar very sweet. On the other hand the sweetness may have come from the sweetener (which has an ominous 'excessive consumption' warning). I found it made the bar have an empty taste. I don't know if it was just the sugar. As I sit here typing, I have absolutely no evidence in my mouth that chocolate was in there. I'm used to the pleasant linger of chocolate on my mouth and tongue. Not there. It was creamy and melty while consuming, but it doesn't make up for the lack of 'there-ness."

It is with a heavy heart that I will be sharing this bar with family ;)

1 comment:

Oh to Be a Muse said...

milk chocolate! now that i can do.

http://ohtobeamuse.com