Thursday, January 27, 2011

Books: The Bride Quartet

Like so many books I read last summer, this is a set - a set of four. And one I didn't get to read all of. In fact, I think I only remember reading one, the first. I liked it because the character, Mac, was very practical and reminded me of myself. It's always a plus when you can really picture yourself in the book.

Backing up a bit, this set, written by Nora Roberts, is about four friends who run a wedding business together. One bakes, one photos, one runs the show, and one is a florist. Everything in all of the books goes smoothly and provides pages of standard fall in love romance. There is nothing out of the ordinary - straight foward. While some will hate that Roberts seemed to pull an outline off her shelf and spruce it up with a new setting and characters, I just plain love a romance.

If that's fine with you, then jump in. If not, and you need to have enough twists and turns that make you think nothing will turn out okay, then look elsewhere. You may be wondering how I could make such a judgment after reading only one book, but if you know Roberts...

Happy reading!

2 comments:

Oh to Be a Muse said...

sorry, this isn't related to this book, but i just saw this commercial and thought of your blog. have you featured the actor from the show "white collar" because he's hot!

Oh to Be a Muse

PurpleNepenthe said...

Hahaha! Yes, I have :) http://thepurplenoodle.blogspot.com/2009/11/men-matthew-bomer.html