Monday, November 1, 2010

Chocolate: Odds and Ends

This is not a real chocolate post. I would love to say I made my cake balls, but someone *ahem* MIL *cough* excuse me... something caught in my fingers... gives us sweets AND it was Halloween. Since we really can't justify having more than one sweet in the house at a time, the cake balls will have to wait.

On a side note, the afore*un*mentioned someone pointed me to a video on Amazon featuring Bakerella's book, "Cake Pops." Bakerella goes through sticking a cake ball on a stick step by step. Sweet!

Oh, and speaking of sweets, my father just celebrated one of those big milestone birthdays. The cake was from a local bakery and get this - I COULDN'T FINISH THE WHOLE SLICE! It was that thick with chocolaty goodness. Granted, I'd just eaten a lush salmon dinner, but still! That just isn't like me at all. If you know me irl and want the location of this cake, ring me. Otherwise you'll just have to imagine how deliciously rich this cake was. ...four layers....

Lastly, we didn't get many trick or treaters. How about you? I encouraged B to buy an extra bag of Nerds, Laffy Taffy, and Sweettarts to pad the Twix, Snickers and Milky Way. Now guess what. :) There's a lot left over. 'Nuff said.

No comments: