Thursday, March 18, 2010

Books: Everyone Else's Girl

Although there were two more books in my set from the end of January check-out, this one was the last I liked. Everyone Else's Girl, by Megan Crane, is about Meredith who finds herself back at home when her father gets a broken leg. She gets drawn back into her high school drama (back stabbing best friend and popularity contests) and sibling arguments.

Of course she believes her life before moving back home was wonderful and can't wait to get back to it, away from the horrors of living at home. But she finds that her life away wasn't all it was cracked up to be.

The book was so down to earth. Each character was fleshed out, and I could empathize with all of them. I wanted to kick some in the pants, smack others, and yell at the rest. Feeling that close to the characters can make a book. Like I've said before, I like when the character grows or comes to some life defining conclusion. Meredith does this.

I also read Crane's first book, English as Second Language, and while I was happy for the character the overall feeling I got from the book was blech. I think it was just me, but the main character spent nearly the entire book drunk. Maybe someone else might not mind it so much.

My recommendation? If you are into romance (well chick lit), check out Everyone Else's Girl.

No comments: