Friday, July 3, 2009

TV: Torchwood: Children of Earth

Too excited for words! Torchwood will be back!

Unfortunately, it will be for an excrutiatingly short 5 days (July 20, BBC America). You may recall that I've written about the show before. You may have heard me upset in another post about how it wasn't showing anymore :( Now it's back, and I can' hardly wait for the first episode. B had me check out the forums at the first link above. Apparently, the lead male actor John Barrowman, who plays Captain Jack Harkness, is unhappy with the short number of episodes even though they have done well in the ratings. Get a gander here.

But I refuse to be depressed. I will enjoy every minute.

UPDATE 7/20: And holy cow! I hate when there is such a gap between the season finale and the premiere of the new season. Not knowing if Torchwood was coming back made this even harder. I looked forward to the new episode with trepidation. It blew me away - Day One was brilliant!

UPDATE 7/25: I'm shocked, dismayed, saddened and speechless. It was awesome, but the ending - Day Five - was surreal. It didn't end the way I thought it would, and describing why would only ruin it for anyone who hasn't seen it. Just whoa.

No comments: