Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Books: Treachery in Death

Finally read it, Treachery in Death by J.D. Robb (aka Nora Roberts). It was pretty good, but not what I expected. In this one, I got the impression from the preview in the last paperback that Dallas' partner Peabody was going to get more play.

Instead, we finally see Dallas's feelings as she helps Peabody deal with the issue in the main plot of the book. She is changing and Roberts put in bunches of ooey, gooey sentimental bits.

Dallas puts down the evil doer, again not as I expected, but it was good. She did more this time than say, "You're under arrest." A couple of books ago I was disappointed in the calm ending especially after several of her earlier books when Dallas or her hubby Roarke were hanging by a thread.

Finally there was an interesting little development with some minor characters. I'm interested in seeing how that will play out. All in all, decent In Death.

No comments: