Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Books: Anne of Green Gables

A's reading issues from this past year have had me looking at a lot of classics or like classic books lately. One I thought A might find interesting is Anne of Green Gables by Lucy Maud Montgomery. I read the book when I was about 9 years old after a summer trip to Nova Scotia in which we visited the National Historical site at Prince Edward Island (very cool!).

I felt that Anne was nothing like me, but it didn't stop me from reading about her misadventures. I think I went on to read at least 2 more from the series, but I either can't remember or have blended them together.

In case you didn't know, there is a cartoon about Anne and while I think they really tried to capture the spirit of Anne and the time period, the show is extremely annoying (imo). I say this even though they really try to teach lessons with each episode.

I'm thinking at the very least I'll be able to get A to read it in the fall. Maybe.

No comments: