Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Chocolate: See's

Happiness!

Good things come in threes. Number two is this one pound box of chocolates I've gotten my hands on. See's Assorted Chocolates (That's what my box looks like on the left). I rarely get one. So happiness! Although See's Candies sells a variety of chocolates including peppermints, truffles, and fudge, if I'm in the vicinity of See's it's usually a box of soft centers, nut & chews, or the assortment.

There are 20+ different chocolates in the assorted box. I particularly like the marshmallow with caramel, chocolate covered almonds, the chocolate buttercream filled, and the chewy almond with chocolate bottom. I dislike the walnuts (chewy or nut cream), the bordeaux, and the rum filled. I generally like their chocolates.

What I don't like is not knowing what's in them without the bite. I don't get them often enough to remember the pattern. I'll bite into a nasty rum and spit it back out (I know, eeeww! Right?) So if I have a gripe it's about not having a "key" for determining the chocolate I'm biting into. If you'd like to look at the different chocolates, click on Custom Mix. You'll get to see each piece.

Anyway, I have chocolate to eat.

2 comments:

familyadventureguidebooks said...

Ah the joys of being a teacher. I bet you get alot of Sees chocolate.

jo said...

I love Sees and the only time I get it is around Christmas when one of the local non-profit sells it...or if I happen to have a wonderful friend send me some OR I'm flying through SLC and I pick up a box at the airport!