Friday, March 20, 2009

TV: NO Gabba Gabba!

The kiddos have taken to torture. They are evil, I tell you, evil. They wait until I'm in the family room. They wait until I've settled into the sofa cushions with the comfy pillow on my back. I have a book and I've settled into it, oblivious. Then they hit me with it. This eerie sound comes at me like a some trip in the sixties and I hear these creepy foot steps. I look up and nearly faint at the sight of this big face with oversized black rimmed glasses topped by a fuzzy orange monstrosity. It speaks.

Yo Gabba Gabba

Run for your life! It's orange string bean man and his boom box of creepy toys. I mean one has the name Toodee and another looks suspiciously like...it just doesn't help that it's one-eyed. You can look for yourself. And the orange string bean has a name - DJ Lance Rock.

I do understand that the show is geared for little ones (although the description at Nick Jr. says 1 and up), but I can't stand it. I CAN'T STAND IT! I guess I shouldn't have said that to A & M, because they deliberately put that horror on TV when I'm in the room ($^#&$* DirecTV). I have to climb out of my comfy corner and flee.

It's worse than Barney.

No comments: