Thursday, March 5, 2009

TV: Life on Mars, Eleventh Hour, and Reaper

I don't watch Life on Mars, the Americanized BBC show in which a man gets trapped back in the 70s. B does. And he is not very happy that it's been cancelled. I know it had some interesting tidbits in it. Like there was actually a reason why he went back into the past and he's supposed to figure it out. I'm bringing this up because they are doing something we don't often get with cancelled shows - they're going to wrap it up. Meaning, they won't really leave their fans hanging when the series ends. They will show all the scheduled episodes and give the fans an ending. I wish they would do that for all of them - The Dead Zone, The 4400, Veronica Mars, and Dresden Files - to name just a few.

I've been watching the Eleventh Hour. Another Americanized British show, it's about a biophysicist, Dr. Hood, who is a consultant with the FBI helping them solve scientific or seemingly paranormal cases. He works with another person, Special Agent Young. The premise is something I'm definitely interested in. However, I've watched several episodes now and I'm not that impressed. The actor who portrays Dr. Hood has a weird voice. It almost sounds like he's trying too hard. I believe they are trying to create some drama, but it doesn't quite hit hard enough. I'm just about ready to call it quits, but they've added a new character with personality - Special Agent Lee. We'll see.

Lastly, I just wanted to point out that Reaper is back. If you follow the story line you know that the main character, Sam, is trying to get out of his deal with the devil. So far he hasn't been successful, but that isn't stopping him from trying again now. The best part of the first episode for me was the very end in which the devil fails to get a rise out of Sam who is too happy about getting his soul back. The devil is always doing crazy things and Sam usually freaks out. For B, it was Sock wanting to sleep with his "sister." Men.

No comments: