Tuesday, February 8, 2011

TV: Super Bowl Commercials

Chargers or Packers? My answer was no. No, I didn't watch the Super Bowl. I didn't catch the fever.

What happened was we heard a loud cheer from the neighbors' yard. A was, "What was that?" I had to explain the whole Super Bowl Party concept. We turned on the TV when there were 39 seconds left of the first half. We caught the halftime show (which the kiddos liked, but my FB friends did not) and inevitably the commercials. Of course we missed all the ones from the first half. Volkswagon did a great job with at least two of theirs (Darth Vader and sport beetle). I personally liked the Audi commercial with "old money." GoDaddy.co was so scary! Cars.com (talking cars) and NFL.com comercials were cute. The Doritos House Sitting was funny. I liked the Vin Diesel commercial because...well, its Vin Diesel.

If you didn't get to see any of them, check out this site. It has a list of the favorites by the Internet population. There's also all the usual controversy because someone is offended (I didn't say they shouldn't be just that it's what's expected).

1 comment:

Oh to Be a Muse said...

yeah, i thought the superbowl commercials were kinda lame this year. maybe my expectations were too high.