Friday, September 9, 2011

TV: Never Unsee

I was a couple of months pregnant. I don't watch TV in the morning, and certainly not the news. I had to get my toddler ready for my in-laws, who were so wonderful as to take care of A while I went to work. B was on a business trip to Buffalo, NY, having just left on Monday. He was supposed to fly out on Sunday. My in-laws were watching the TV when I arrived. I don't know how long I stood there watching before I forced myself to leave and go to work. It was a difficult day. I can't have radio or cellphones during the day where I work. At the time, even TV was sketchy. I remember not much else that day. Like I blocked it out. I only remember thinking when would B come home, and that my stress wouldn't do much for the baby. Because he was a day late getting there, he had a ticket already for one of the first flights out. He remembers the plane being half empty. It's days like that I feel grateful.

1 comment:

Oh to Be a Muse said...

i really liked reading this first persion point of view of what that day 10 years ago was like for you. :)