SPOILER ALERT! Please do not read this post if you are like B and don't like hints. I love spoilers. They make me think, and the show episodes don't always turn out like I think. So are you sufficiently warned? Here goes...
Kristin of Watch with Kristin at EOnline was doing this whole 12 days of Lost-mas thing in which she dished on spoilers for Lost. Of course each one of her spoils was on a different page. Major PITA. So I compiled them all here for your enjoyment and speculation.
1. Shannon couldn’t be in the beginning of the new Lost season (Many of the characters were asked to return. Maggie Grace had other commitments.) so it will become part of Shannon and Boone’s back story. Sawyer will kiss either Kate or Juliet within the first few episodes. Um, that didn’t sound much like a spoiler to me.
2. We either find out that John is related to Charles and Jack or John does something really strange regarding another character and says, “I’m sorry you had to see me like that.” Try to remember where John was in the season ender.
3. Sayid either dies or kills Jack. Try to remember where these two characters were when the season ended.
4. There is a new Big Bad who supposedly killed John, killed Jacob, is the smoke monster, and wants to go home. This may not be entirely accurate as Kristin wrote in code.
5. Desmond will be in this season early on and will appear in a scene with another character. This encounter is supposed to be surprising.
6. A long-known dark, handsome character will die within the first four hours.
A character we were introduced to on the first day of the show will almost die by his own hand, but Jack will save him.
7. The new others, the ones from the newer crash, are on the island to:
kill Ben (sent by Charles), destroy the time travel mechanism (sent by Jacob’s nemesis), protect Jacob, OR revive John.
8. One character will have a message for everyone and convey it through Miles.
9. There are five quotes here from the new season by 4 people:
Person #1 - Am I alive?
Person #1 again - I was supposed to die.
Person #2 - I was killed by an _3_ __6___.
Person #3 - It turned out she did not want out.
Person #4 - I wanted you to be able to go home.
10. Three main characters will be “apprehended by authorities.” I used her exact words because I’m not sure how she interprets apprehended. These are three separate events.
11. Juliet survives - Juliet does not survive - Kate and Sawyer kiss - Kate and Sawyer flirt - Juliet and Sawyer kiss - Jack and Sayid touch lips - Sawyer does something to make you cry. One of those was false.
12. For #6, not Hurley. For #10, one of these is true, Charlie is arrested for drugs, Sayid is arrested for espionage/murder, or Sawyer for being a grifter. Most, if not all, of the above is at the beginning of the season.
Of course I have my own spoiler sources. One character who is supposed to be dead is still alive. The difference is that person was described as pretty which doesn’t include John. I think it is Juliet. I think she may be Person #1 in Kristin’s #9.
A scene involves a pregnant Claire, Jack and Kate. And they aren’t on the island. There is also a scene with Claire toting a gun.
Lastly, there is a school in which John and Ben are teachers, and formerly dead daughter Alex is a student.
Sounds to me like that explosion changed some things in the future and many of the seemingly incongruous scenes are the result. An alternate timeline.
BTW, 8PM is the summary, which we all may need to watch considering how long they’ve made us wait.
PS - so incredibly bummed about Ugly Betty. It had really picked up this season. :(