Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Miscellaneous: Bronies


Your experience of reading the title and saying, "Whaa?" is not as painful and frightening as my experience was.  The kiddos have been talking non-stop about their Japanese anime and music videos, so when they started saying how much they liked Pinkie Pie and Twilight I thought it was just one more in the long line...then B joined in on the conversation. "Whaa?"

B explained that the cartoon My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic is the new PowerPuff Girls. It's an animated series based on the My Little Pony toys. Please keep in mind that as a family we are very interested in several animated series. Just because they are made for kids doesn't mean the writers aren't witty and humorous. So when B pointed out that the developer, Lauren Faust, had also worked on Foster's Home and PowerPuff Girls, I was okay with watching several episodes, however it took a long time to get to that point. In the meantime, B tried to convince me to watch based on Bronies.

"What the..." As the top definition on Urban Dictionary:
The male, older fans of my little pony: friendship is magic.
You can't imagine the incredulous look I gave B.  I had to Google and determine for myself.
[speechless]

MLP: FiM Wikia
Scary Article
Equestria Daily
More Madness
or watch for yourself...The Hub or OnDemand
Picture Creator Credit: http://purpletinker.deviantart.com/gallery/?catpath=/

No comments: